Just Your Standard Bio
For over 10 years, Arestia Rosenberg has applied her unique background in production — both within the worlds of major motion pictures/television and advertising — and creative direction in media to one simple mission: passionate storytelling that makes a difference. Her video production and brand strategy work has received film-festival acclaim and media awards and her content strategy work for individual clients has landed book deals. With a love for travel and a borderline obsessive tendency to connect people, Arestia constantly demonstrates her T-shaped prowess outside of work as well, having co-founded Boston Content, a community of content creatives, marketers and enthusiasts. She most recently traveled the world while working as a freelance writer, strategist, and filmmaker on Remote Year, continuing to travel on for another year until finally landing and currently residing in Venice, CA.
Go Terriers: Graduated from Boston University with a B.S. in Film & Television; concentration in production, minor in history.
Hello Hollywood: Major motion picture development and production roles at Columbia Pictures and Happy Madison Productions, as well as developed and produced BTS/docuseries/reality television shows.
Mad Men Land: Senior Content Producer at Hill Holliday Advertising, growing a fledgling department to create engaging videos in the emerging content discipline.
Founder of Boston Content: Created a content professionals group with a vibrant community of over 1000 members to promote thought leadership, connect members to jobs, and champion great work.
Beast-Mode Creative Director: As the first Creative Director of Brand Strategy at The Daily Beast, I built a creative content shop inside a 20MM monthly uniques digital news media company. I oversaw all creative, including pitches and execution, for brand partnerships.
Storyteller: Storytelling that makes a difference is my passion. I continue to work as a freelancer in writing, strategy, and film production to bring that passion to life, and to the masses.
Articles, websites, presentation decks, scripts: Writing and/or editing a myriad of copy that converts.
Strategically engaging targeted audiences by creating content they actually want to spend time with.
Countless articles and book proposals that get my clients deals. I've also written a couple of books and I'm a script doctor.
Deeper vision and team management for agencies, media companies, campaigns, and digital and offline executions.
Seasoned, award-winning producer and director from story/idea development through production and post-production.
No matter the medium, I will help you to tell an engaging, strategic, marvelous story.
What They're Saying
Work You'll Love
The Daily Beast
Travel articles and sponsored content. Read here. (Creative & content strategy decks upon request.)
I write about storytelling, social justice, travel, and life. No clients, just my words and thoughts. Read here.
I wouldn't be a very good ghostwriter if I linked to these! Various samples upon request.
Video and Content Strategy
The LUX Life
- Video for a partnership with Delta to encourage Angelenos to think of the airline as the premium LAX offering.
Garnered over 145K views and campaign saw 94% more viewers than the average content campaign.
- The subjects Tara & William are the warmest, chillest people in fashion.
The Home Team
- Part of the Webby award-winning (and more) Liberty Mutual Insurance Responsibility Project.
This video helped to raise brand awareness by 15%, was one of the most popular pieces of content on the site and was an official selection for SXSW, AFI DOCS and Sarasota film festivals.
- The people of Murray, KY completely embraced us and I embraced a restaurant there called “The Sirloin Stockade.”
RISE: Rico Roman
- Part of video series on 10 athletes sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance for the 2014 Winter Olympics about how they overcame challenges to come back and “rise.”
- Award winning in 2014, including Adweek Watch Awards, Webby Honoree, Hatch Awards and London International Awards.
- Completely inspiring spending time with so many world class athletes and confirmed I really could have never been an Olympic athlete.
Puma Social: Barcelona "Fixed Soldiers"
- Part of Puma’s global “After Hours Athlete” campaign where we sourced stories and talent from all over the world.
- Developed, pitched and produced two international profile videos on a shoestring budget (20K total).
- Almost moved to Barcelona to join this biker gang. And thought about learning to ride a fixie. Decided against it in the end.
One Fund Boston
- Part of a pro bono project for the One Fund (benefits survivors of the Boston Marathon Bombing) where we created a video series on survivors experiencing some of the many letters of support and talking about how they’re doing one year after.
- Wore a lot of hats on this one: created the idea for the content, style and tone of the videos; contacted, scheduled and interviewed the survivors; produced the videos, website content and “wall” experience.
- Was so moved to hear all the survivor stories and managed to keep it together while interviewing each of them.
BTS/EPK at Happy Madison Productions
- Produced behind-the-scenes content for several movies including HERE COMES THE BOOM, I HATE YOU DAD, GROWN UPS (this video), ZOOKEEPER
- Developing ideas for featurettes, producing interviews, managing 3-5 hours of footage a day.
- Yes, Adam Sandler is as nice and generous as everyone says.
DOGS 101 on Animal Planet
- Worked on Season 2 as an associate producer, along with CATS 101 and PETS 101
- Tight deadlines with 10 day turnarounds per episode to research, find an amazing story on a specific animal, write and pitch outlines and coordinate the shoot.
- Animal people are absolutely crazy and people still search me out and contact me about certain breeds.
More About Me
Currently directing/producing a short-documentary about a hip-hop & breakdancing school for at-risk youth in Cambodia and its founder's incredible story. Watch a short video & learn more here.
My films have been selected for numerous film festivals, including SXSW, DOC NYC, AFI DOCS and Sarasota. My clients have included major brands such as Bank of America, Delta, Land Rover, Liberty Mutual Insurance, HBO, Microsoft, FitBit, and Dolce & Gabbana.
For some thought leadership, here’s the slideshare and wrap-up of a webinar I did for AMA & Aquent on “The Power of Video.” Here’s a blog post I wrote for Hill Holliday. I've also spoken at Content Marketing World, Creative Mornings, Content Rising, Impact Conference, and lectured at Northeastern University.